Things to do in Devon and Cornwall
Pressland Country House is in an ideal location to explore the South West. Nestled in rural West Devon it is close to the beautiful North Devon and Cornish coastline and only a few minutes drive from Dartmoor and the A30.
Criss-crossed by cycle trails, ancient byways and footpaths this part of Devon is thinly populated and a bit of a secret gem – it is known to locals as Ruby Country. It is a land of self sufficiency, local produce and a ‘can do’ spirit. If you are looking for off-the-beaten-track activities then we would be delighted to advise you on your arrival.
A wide variety of tourist attractions will delight and enthrall those that are interested and we have listed a selection to get you started.
- The Eden Project – A world-class ecological attraction at St Austel
- RHS Rosemoor Garden – is a distinctive garden of contrasts that offers visitors a wealth of ideas to inspire & delight
- North Devon and Cornish Coast - Explore the beautiful North Coast of Devon and Cornwall with it’s secluded sandy coves and bays
- Visit Hatherleigh – a picturesque market town (market day Tuesdays)
- Learn more about Dartmoor and the amazing places to visit on and off the beaten track
- South West Lakes – visit one or many of the South West’s wonderful lakes
- Geevor Tin Mine – on the North Coast of Cornwall, a fully working mine upto 1990
- Arlington Court – Arlington Court is an unexpected jewel: a complete family estate
- Lanhydrock - Lanhydrock is the perfect country house and estate
- Lydford Gorge – a lush oak-wooded steep-sided river gorge, the deepest in the South West
- Torrington 1646 – is a historical tourist attraction that makes history fun! out
- Launceston steam railway – a narrow gauge steam railway running from the historic Cornish town of Launceston
- Castle Drogo – built between 1900/1923 by the then owner of Lipton’s stores
- The Picnic Boat – Guided boat trips with delicious picnics on the beautiful River Dart
- Dartington Crystal and Glass – See and hear the fascinating story of over 40 years of Dartington Crystal